Jacob Blair Collection
Scope and Contents
The Jacob Blair Collections consists of eight manuscript documents dating from 1886 through 1944. The majority of the documents relate to Blair’s military service and his subsequent pension requests.
- 1886 - 1944
Jacob Blair was born in Pike County, Kentucky in 1869. He married Delia Coleman on May 25, 1886, and resided in Pike County as a farm laborer. On May 13, 1898, Blair enrolled in the First Regiment of Kentucky Infantry Volunteers. Although Blair signed up for two years, Blair’s unit mustered out of service on February 24, 1899. After returning to Pike County, he and Delia raised four children before his death from tuberculosis on August 10, 1916.
Language of Materials
- Blair, Jacob
- Infantry -- American -- Kentucky -- 1890-1900 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensions -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pike County (Ky.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jacob Blair Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Frank M. Allara Library Repository
147 Sycamore St.
Pikeville KY 41501